Jun 30, 2020
Atlanta Market releases virtual programming events for Summer 2020 Market
Atlanta Market announced a seven-week schedule of virtual programming leading up to the Summer 2020 Atlanta Market, Aug. 13-18, 2020. Timely topics for the webinars, presented Jul. 1-Aug. 10, 2020, include business strategies for a post-pandemic world, opportunities to hear from retail and design trailblazers and information to help attendees plan for a safe and successful market. In line with buyer sentiment, virtual events will be held this summer in lieu of in-person programming to allow buyers more time at market for product discovery.
“Throughout the years, the Atlanta Market community has shown us that compelling, actionable and aspirational programming is a key element of their market experience. So, as the market experience has shifted, so has our presentation of this signature programming,” said Dorothy Belshaw, chief marketing and digital officer for International Market Centers (IMC). “Like our other digital offerings, these virtual events extend the market experience until the time is right to present in-person events again.”
- Atlanta Market’s series of pre-market webinars present relevant topics for retailers and designers.
- Top retailers share their experiences in discussion with Thomas Lester of Home Accents Today in Retail Stars – East vs. West and Zoë Gowen of Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles in Purchasing Power!
- Retail strategy is the focus of Re-Imagining Buying & Selling: Reposition Your Retail Strategy presented Lilly Stamets of Premier Retail Consulting
- Santa’s Got a Whole New Bag presented by Michelle Lamb of The Trend Curve
- Tracking the Pulse of the Gift Industry” presented by Erica Kirkland
- WithIt women’s leadership development network presents exclusive programming moderated by Kathy Wall, president and ringleader of TMM, The Media Matters.
- Other topics include Understanding Instagram Analytics to Drive Growth and market orientation that outlines new protocols and tools.
The full list of virtual events and registration information is available at www.AmericasMart.com/Events.
Shop the Show
Atlanta Market’sShop the Show program returns with 10+ influencers from its past four seasons sharing their inspiration through blog posts, lookbooks, social media posts and a webinar, A Focus on Function and Fresh Perspectives with Top Style Influencers, moderated by Kelli Lamb of Rue. All Shop the Show content will be available before the market. During market, Atlanta Market’s social media channels will be a source for trend spotting, showroom tours and other updates.
Five topics will be covered by Shop the Show influencers:
- The Art of Home
- Cozy Up at Home
- Do Your Home Work
- Kitchen Comforts
- Retail Revival
Market attendees also are encouraged to participate in Atlanta Market-sponsored virtual industry events including:
- Women of Influence: Virtual Awards Gala presented by BridgeTower Media on July 21
- Greeting Card Association’s LOUIE Virtual Awards Program on July 30
- Retailer Excellence Awards presented on August 6, which features a text-to-donate campaign to raise funds for the Dallas-based A Sister’s Gift Women’s Center.
The summer edition of Atlanta Market runs Aug. 13-18, at AmericasMart Atlanta. For more information, visit www.AtlantaMarket.com.